Maitside Orchards is a family run, community orchard in south-western Ontario.
We are located along the main route to Lake Huron, just west of Brussels, Ontario, at 23 Orchard Lane.
The adjacent Maitland River lends charm and the perfect ecosystem for apple growing by the Maitside orchardist, Davin Lichty.
Home Cooked Takeout Thanksgiving Meal @ Maitside
Sat Sept 24 - 11am - 1 pm Dinner: $15 Kids: $5
Menu: Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, turnip, peas, carrots, dinner rolls
(please order by Fri Sept 23 by calling 519-835-0099)
While you're here, self guided farm tours open 11-4, and/or for $5 enjoy your meal in our backyard. Take a leisure walk through the apple orchard & enjoy the Maitland River flowing through our farm. Bring your children & grandchildren to enjoy the sandpit & playground. Stop by our snack booth for a fresh, warm slice of the pie of your choice served with ice cream. Don't leave before visiting our farm store for a bag of freshly picked apples!
Serving the communities of Huron County and many visitors and tourists who pass our way, we offer an on-farm store, with:
- fresh, crisp apples and delicious apple cider now in season!
- garlic & local produce , we have a large variety of fresh local produce now
- Preserves including Jams, Jellies, Relishes, and much more
- Canned Fruit such as Applesauce, Rhubarb, Peaches and Pears
- home baking (Wednesdays to Saturdays) - pies, bread, muffins, cookies, butter tarts and more; many goodies for your child's school lunches
- crafts from local artisans
- frozen homecooked meals - a size available for families ,singles, and grandparents
- frozen chicken roasters, grown free range here on the farm - delicious, hormone and GMO free.
- sheep milk products, including feta cheese , yogurt & cheddar cheese .Also best of all Ice Cream!!
- frozen large and small Turkey, Chicken and Beef pies
- starting beginning September we hope to have a steady flow of new apples coming in stock ! The next one will be Jersey Mac in end of August.